March Long Weekend 11th March – 13th March 2023
2023 Stress Less Fishing Classic
Since its inception in 2014, the Nangiloc Fishing Club and fishing competition have promoted safe and sustainable fishing practices in the community. The inaugural Stress Less Fishing Classic competitions have raised thousands of dollars. These funds have gone straight into supporting the local Nangiloc and surrounding communities to maintain and develop community projects within the region.
The Nangiloc Fishing Club committee has decided that we are donating all raised funding from the 2023 fishing contest to Breast Cancer awareness.
Saturday Night Prizes to be handed out via Facebook Live
2023 Stress Less Fishing Classic Merchandise + Raffle Tickets
*Please note that all merchandise must be ordered by Friday the 3rd of December to ensure the merchandise will arrive before the 2023 Stress Less Fishing Classic. Prices include delivery.
2023 NANGILOC STRESS LESS FISHING CLASSIC Sponsors
Thank You To Our Sponsors For Your Support!
Absolute Web Design
Brett Driscoll – Ray white
Exposed Signage and Apparel
Mildura Barra Bash
Mildura CCTV and Data
Nangiloc Store and Tavern
OMR – Orbits Mechanical Repairs
TJM – Austrek Outdoor Adventure Centre
Butcher on Deakin
Join us again in 2023 for the Nangiloc stress less fishing competition
March Long Weekend 2023
The fishing zone is from below Chalka creek boat ramp (Hattah national park) to above lock 10 (Wentworth lock)
- If you are attending the fishing competition, please follow Parks Victoria rules and regulations, this includes not entering and camping in closed Parks
- For the most up to date information, visit the specific park page and check the Change of Conditions (at bottom of page)
- There are accessible boat ramps on New South Wales and accommodation options at Nangiloc, Red cliffs, Mildura, Merbein, Gol Gol and Wentworth
- Sign on and fishing card information at the Nangiloc tavern from 3:00pm to 9:30pm
- Friday night giveaways and local band at the Nangiloc tavern from 6:00pm to 8:30pm
- Bait and lure fishing
- Boat and bank fishing
Designated code for brag mat:
- Designated code will be the following
- S for Senior
- J for Junior
- Full name
For example, Braeden Lampard is a senior, so his code will be: S – Braeden Lampard
- Once a contestant has caught a fish, they will be required to send the picture of the fish on a brag mat to the mobile number with the designated code for brag mat clearly shown
- The designated code for the brag mat can be written down on any material (BUT IT MUST NOT BE IN DIGITAL FORM)
- Pictures of fish can only be sent to the Nangiloc Fishing Club mobile number
- Photos will only be accepted via text message between the fishing times. Any photos sent after the fishing times will not be accepted
Adults (over 17) – $50
Juniors (under 17) – $25
Family pack (2 adults and 2 juniors) – $120
SNR AND JNR
- Largest Murray cod- 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Largest Golden perch- 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Largest Common carp- 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Overall largest yabby caught – Lure pack
Prizes will be given out in form of cash/vouchers and/or prizes
Open for female and male contenders
Contestant Code Information
Once a native fish has been caught, please take a photo of it on or next to a measuring device with the designated code for brag mat clearly shown.
Once you have taken a photo, please release the fish where it was caught. Try and complete this process as quick as possible and keep the fish wet at all times.
Nangiloc Fishing Club mobile number:
0432 800 647
Mystery length fish:
Murray cod between 55cm and 60cm
Golden perch between 38cm and 42cm
Common carp between 40cm and 45cm
Pictures of fish can only be sent to the mobile number
Photos will only be accepted via text message between the fishing times. Any photos sent after the fishing times will not be accepted
Correctly photographing your fish is critical so here are a few simple rules to follow:
1. Keep the fish in the water for as long as possible.
2. Use fish friendly handling techniques and gear types (i.e. do not lift the fish by the head, support the body at all times).
3. Wet the brag mat (or surface) before you measure the fish.
4. Lay the live fish with the nose in line with the “0” measurement on the brag mat.
Photograph the fish so the entire length can be seen in the photograph along with your angler I.D which is clearly identified on the brag mat.
Please check the photograph and make sure all numbers are visible so the length of the fish can be determined (the sunlight can sometimes play cruel tricks on you).
If you are not happy with the photograph, simply take another one.
Quickly release the fish and try to catch a bigger one.
Any photograph that shows a dead or damaged fish or the length is not clearly defined will be rejected.
Rules and Regulations:
Mystery length will only be of fish deemed ‘legal’ by NSW Fisheries regulations; Murray cod (55 – 75 cm) and Golden perch (30 cm and over)
All species caught must comply with the NSW Fisheries regulations
Fish must be caught between allocated times and allocated boundaries
All competitors must hold a current NSW fishing licence
We are promoting a healthy future for the fish so catch and release only (with the exception of carp)
No fishing outside designated areas
Any competitor suspected of illegal fishing methods will be reported directly to NSW Fisheries
Boats with illegal equipment or illegal bait will be disqualified and reported to NSW Fisheries
- Friday the 10th of March 2022, sign on from 3:00 pm to 9:30 pm at the Nangiloc tavern
- Saturday the 11th of March 2022, from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm (No photos accepted after 7:20 pm)
- Sunday the 12th of March 2022, from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm (No photos accepted after 7:20 pm)
- Presentations on Monday the 13th of March at 9:30 am through Facebook live
- Friday night random prizes 25 prizes (winners must be present) from 6:00pm to 6:30pm
$2.50 per ticket or three for $5
1st Quintrex F350 outback explorer, Yamaha 15hp 4 stroke, Precision S430 trailer
2nd Mildura Barra Bash Fishing Trip
3rd Fishing gear pack
For all enquiries please contact us via DM on Facebook or Instagram or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.